Sunday, February 24, 2013

Frenchway Cafe via Facebook: "Fresh Fruit Filled Paris Brest!!"



Me: Shangri-La. This is definitely Shangri-La.

Tiffany OMG I want to make this a the shop! This week fo sho! Keep posting delicious goodness from the outside world, please!!!

Donna: No! No! The Eclairs are already killing my diet!

Me: You have to try a Paris-Brest, Donna. You can't tell in the picture but the filling is a heavy hazelnut custard or whatever you call it... it's amazing. Way better than eclairs.

Tiffany: Elise, have you tried our eclairs? They are pretty tasty, unbiased opinion,

Me: I have tried your eclairs and they're good. But there's nothing in this world like a Paris-Brest. In the pastry genre, anyway.

Tiffany: Haha just teasing anyhow. It's Paris-Brest is good! Hard to find real ones.

Me: I know. Haven't had one since I've been in Canada. I'm hoping the French bakery knows what it's doing when it comes to Paris-Brests. And I hope their staff knows French so I don't have to figure out how an anglo would say "Paris-Brest".

Donna: I was wondering on the pronunciation of that!

No comments: