Saturday, February 16, 2013

First photos: Henderson library branch



The adult stacks.



The adult stacks, featuring the colander chairs. Seems rather convenient as long as you're not too fat, but so far I can't fathom the purpose of the colander. Maybe to collect meltwater from your boots while you're sitting so it doesn't stain the carpet?







Er... Vintage animal-shaped leather poufs? They're on the children's side. Children always get all the cool stuff.



And of course my personal favourite: the self-checkout! Strangely, none of the stores here seem to have self-checkout, except Ikea, but at least the library does. That way you never have to talk to the librarians... which can be good or bad. The head librarian in Hay River was one of my favourite people, but then, I didn't come to Winnipeg so people could talk to me, you know. Plus, I like to do things myself. So yeah, self-checkout. Self-renewal from home on the website. Self-putting in InterLibrary Loan requests from the website, too. I love Winnipeg.

No comments: