Tuesday, October 22, 2013

So I emailed my pastor to ask what was so funny about the Lord solving my problem and he replied thusly:

I’m not sure “funny” is the right word: delighted and filled with joy would be more like it. I’m not sceptical at all. For one thing, it doesn’t surprise me that God answers prayers (although often it seems like the answer is “no”: I’m totally happy that the answer was “yes” in this case). You’re quite right: I wouldn’t bother doing a healing service – or leading worship at all, or even doing the exorcisms I’m occasionally called upon to do – if i didn’t believe God answers prayer. And I pray quite a bit every day. Although not all that prayer consists of asking God for things. Mostly it consists of thanking and being silent. But I certainly do ask him for healing for those who are in need of it.

So: sorry for the misunderstanding. Is delight and joy not an appropriate response when prayer has been answered?

Well that makes sense then.

No comments: