Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lab results not in. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! BOoohoohoohoohoo...

Deirdre: last time I had strep I got the results the day after I finished the 5 day course of antibiotics they prescribed for me just in case. We were pretty sure it was strep so I went ahead and filled it. Turns out, it was strep! So glad I didn't suffer through 6 days of waiting for results.

Me: Yeah, I think I'm just gonna fill it. I'm getting that bad taste in my mouth like pneumonia tastes, so something kinda needs to be done. If I can just get up the energy to walk to the pharmacy.

(Later) When you think about it, that makes perfect sense. They do a Gram stain first, and if that doesn't tell them anything they do a culture.

Deirdre: And it's not a very speedy growing culture

Me: Which would be consistent with the fact that it's been getting worse very, very gradually for six days.

No comments: