Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tomorrow is the big day... my third interview with Home Depot. I'm hoping to drive over there, if the Fnord will get out of the giant snowbank that fell on it yesterday. Inshallah.

Donna: Good luck. Three interviews seems extreme. Are you applying for CEO or something?!

Me: You'd think so. Cause it's not JUST three interviews. There was first the resume and cover letter, then aptitude test, then phone interview, then two in-person interviews, then reference check and police record check, and now this. What I'm applying for is called "pack-out/pack-down" in their company culture and is their version of stocking and fronting. So... I don't get it. But if they hire me, I don't care how they go about it.

Donna: I would be stressed to the max going through all this. Making it this far must be a good sign. I would think many wouldn't get through all of this.

Me: Yeah, I'm thinking if they're still calling me after aptitude test, two interviews and reference check, this is probably more about discussing conditions than about still making up their mind about me. I hope so, at least. I'm not stressed, I just want the job so I can settle in a routine and get on with my fabulous life in the City of Dreams.

Mardrey: fingers X'd

Dana: a police record check to face circular saws??? wow - you all must have some crazy horror movies up there... LOL!

Me: Their excuse for wanting the PRC is that I'm applying for the night shift. I was not aware that criminals preferred night jobs... seems like they would want their nights free to get out there and do some crime.

Dana: LOL!!! crazy.

Donna: If you get that job you can sleep the day away with your female roomie! Not literally with!

Me: Yeah, I think it will be nice being out of the house during her most active times and going to bed when the house is quietest. And night shift doesn't interfere with any of my hobbies.

No comments: