Monday, March 25, 2013

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (also known as "when I lived in Hay River"), I was working on two repertoire pieces: Rejoice Greatly from Messiah and Alleluia from Exsultate Jubilate. But then I got too busy with packing, and then I started voice lessons and I only did what my teacher told me to do for the last six weeks. But I'm out of sorts and my voice is shot because of the thaw and it took forever to warm it up to singing shape at practice, and when I looked at this sappy, EASY stuff she makes me sing, I was like... sigh. Do not want. So then I decided to be a rebel and sing something awesome. Such as Rejoice Greatly, which I hadn't touched in at least three months. And... it was AWESOME! If I'd had a recording of this time and the last time I sang it, I don't think you'd have known it was the same singer. I can do it, and I can do it at speed, and I can do it awesome. And I've had five half-hour lessons. That's IT. I'm so underpaying my teacher, it's ridiculous.

No comments: