Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My voice teacher and I achieved a breakthrough, I think. See, singers, unlike epileptics, DO choke on their tongue. To avoid that, you have to bring your tongue forward but also down flat and relaxed. Which is hard to do. But now it seems I got it, and I can sing things that I was choking on two days ago. Downside: now I sing with a lisp from having my tongue between my teeth. But I'll fix that.

Then I came home and read some comments on my Facebook and I was reminded of the time when I was gonna dissolve some hardened egg off my car with an incredibly strong solution of TSP, and I forgot my solvent-resistant gloves in the house, and I was like "meh, I'll just do without." And then I went back and got my gloves, and used the TSP, and it turned the egg into soap... but not my fingers, a la Tyler Durden.

Doing what you're told: still the fastest way to learn shit and be successful.

No comments: