Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Something else that was inevitable: someone died in Hay River. Or more accurately, someone died and I know about it. Because worse than someone dying and you not being there, is when someone dies and you don't even find out about it because nobody thinks of telling you. I've always said Hay River should have some kind of bulletin board for births, deaths, and other such events. But mostly deaths. There's always time later to find out someone was born; not so much for paying your respects.

Selina: Totally agree ;)) it's hard to hear we lost one flock and hear it second hand , half the time your driving by and see a funeral with no word to attend ?;( I'm still bothered over hearing about bev a week after the fact;(

Édith: I really got along well with Bev and I didn't know she had passed away, a week before, when I called H&R Block for a mistake in my files. I felt terribly bad, a board would be kind of a necessity. My call would have waited, it is just a shame.

Me: Bev who? See, I didn't even hear about Bev. Even with my own HandiVan clients, I didn't always hear in time to go to the funeral. When people lose a loved one they don't go around informing everyone, it would be so much easier for someone to post it once and everyone knows.

No comments: