Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Perks of roommate-free living, #8: my energy bill went from over $200 to... $7.15. Pwnage!

Megan: How is that possible?

Me: Evidently my roommates were energy-wasting cunts, beside all their other qualities.

Megan: That's just an insane drop, even considering it is only part of a month.

Me: Yeah if I use $7 x 2 = $14 per month then the other two idiots were using more than ($200 - $14) / 2 = $93 each which is almost 7 times as much as I did. Which can be explained by frequent use of the oven, air conditioner (often both at once), lights, clothes dryer, heat, air purifier (in the smoker's room - WTF does a smoker care about pure air other than to run another appliance 24/7?), outdoor lights, massive amounts of heat in heating season... Basically all I use are the fridge and my laptop. Lights long enough to have a shower and that's really about it since I'm not even home at night.

No comments: