Saturday, June 28, 2014

I'm not sure whether the cable company misunderstood our payment deal or I did, but somehow my interwebs is back on. I thought it was going to be off until July 11.

Mueed: Thankfully it isn't.

Me: Maybe they'll disconnect it again when they figure out the mistake.

Mueed: Why do u want to do this comrade?

Me: I'm not complaining. But I thought they had agreed to keep the physical cable connected until the 11th with no service provided I made a partial payment today, and then put the service back on when I pay the bill in full. But I made the partial payment and now the service is back.

Mueed: They just care for us (pakistanis), cuz so many ppl would be wanting to tlak to u when its morning there.

Me: LOL Yeah I'm sure my internet got reconnected as a special favour to the people of Pakistan. MashaAllah.

Me: I wonder if some cricket scheduled itself by mistake, too. That would be nice.

Mueed: Yeah thanks to ur cable boys. do convey my wishes to them. Yeah how would it sound if we are hsoting a series against Sri Lanka And India this month and that too in Karachi and Lahore

Me: Host one in Jacobabad. They'll never be able to play in your weather.

Mueed: hahaha i do not want em to die useless We do not have any International Standards Stadium here in Jacobabad. But had the opportunity to witness good games in Karachi.

Me: Make do. See how the ball bounces in the sand.

Mueed: hahaha. M pretty sure they wont be able to hit even sixes or fours. Just like Abu Dhabi's Cricket Stadium.

Me: Good. Tuk-tuk all the way.

Mueed: M sure u not pointing at Misbha. Aren't you ?

Me: Misbah rocks. If I got to play cricket I'd try to play exactly like him.

Mueed: Then I am pretty sure you would be captain of our Test Team. Well i personally acknowledge and admire Misbah a lot. He has really been an inspiration to so many people who cannot play game with ease and technique. (Editor: I totally missed that dig at Misbah the first time I read it. Mueed you snake!!)

Me: I couldn't be captain of your test team because your women's cricket team rocks.

No comments: