Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cricket is like chocolate. Too complicated to have been invented by accident, and not much good as a sleep aid.

Asad: Which is your favourite team?

Me: Pakistan ODI squad.

Asad: But currently Pakistan is on 4th or 5th rank.

Me: So? My team at work is dead last in our district, so I can hardly point fingers. But really it's because I study Urdu by reading news stories and cricket stories are the easiest ones to read. The second thing I ever read in Urdu was "Misbah ul-Haq."

Asad: (the next morning) InsHAllah my team Pakistan will win next world cup.

Me: InshaAllah. What my team at work needs is a better captain.

Asad: I think our captain always batting well. Today also.

Me: I hope they'll replay the match on my cricket feed later today, can't watch it now because I have to go to church. Hopefully we win!

Asad: Pakistan 327 Sri-Lanka 44-3 8 Overs

Me: (after church) Wow. How did Sri Lanka collapse like that?

Asad: Pakistan have world best bowling attack.

Me: I like to watch Junaid bowl. He has a certain elegance.

No comments: