Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ever since I started voice lessons in February, everyone's been nagging me about my tongue. Too high, too far back, too in the way, always too something. And I'm always choking on it. (Unlike epileptics, singers can choke on their tongue.) But finally I got something across to my Awesome New Teacher.

Teacher: Don't pull your tongue back.

Me: I'm trying.

Teacher: Try keeping the tip of your tongue against your front teeth.

Me: I can do that and still pull back.

Teacher: ?

Me: The tip of my tongue is ALWAYS against my front teeth. And my tongue is folded over it.

Teacher: Say what??

Me, putting my tongue flat like they keep telling me: Thith ith how far my tongue goeth if I don't.

Teacher: Aaaaaaaugggh! You should be in KISS!


So many people would have enjoyed that comment so much more than me...

No comments: