Friday, March 8, 2013

You know what tastes good with quinoa? Everything.

Donna: I agree... now about that third job interview. ..did it happen yet?

Me: Yeah, that was on Wednesday. As I suspected, it was just a question of discussing the conditions.

Donna: So are you still waiting to hear... or are you not interested after the conditions spiel?

Me: I accepted their offer. I start March 26.

Donna: Congrats....how was your concert last night?

Me: Thank you. Sleeping Beauty was awesome. I had completely forgotten that I had bought a super expensive seat as a present to myself. I was in the third row. I have never seen ballet that close up before. Amazing. I'm going their next production in May and to the ballet school's production. I just have to find out my actual work schedule first and then I'll buy the tickets. And I think for next year not only I'm getting season's tickets but I'm gonna get an even more expensive seat. Like, right in the middle of the front row. But I have to see how the hours work out at Home Depot. My job is supposed to be pretty regular hours, unlike front-line guys, but still there is no guarantee, so no budget until I see how it plays out. I might end up getting a second part-time job. Allah knows best.

I can always eat more quinoa and put my grocery savings towards ballet tickets, right?

Donna: One very good reason to leave Hay River. You can actually be in a position to even consider season tickets. Stock up on quinoa.... worth it!

Me: When people were aggravating me in Hay River telling me Winnipeg sucks and I'd come back, I said at one point "I'll think about it if I get bored during ballet." So at one point during the ballet I remembered that and I was like so... where are you now...See More

I wonder if Imran Khan is into ballet. LOL

No comments: