Tuesday, March 12, 2013

True story: roommate goes to the bathroom. Toilet doesn't flush properly. A while later I go to the bathroom. There is toilet paper in the toilet but water level has gone down so I don't know it's plugged. I use toilet, flush it, water rises threateningly. Fuuuuuuuuuuuh... So I wait for it to drain slowly. While I'm in the bathroom waiting, roommate knocks on the door. "Someone in here," I says. "Ok," he says. I keep waiting. When water level is low enough, I plunge the toilet. It works. I flush again. It works. I wash my hands and exit the bathroom.

Immediately, roommate rushes in to use the bathroom. So... Would I be correct in assuming that he knew the toilet was plugged, and didn't know what to do about it, and was just dying to go but waited for me to "test the water" so to speak? And then seeing that I was able to flush successfully, went and used the toilet himself? Yes. This sounds like a plausible reconstruction of events.

I'm thinking they should have a class in junior high about things like "sweeping", "plunging toilets", "licensing your dog and picking up after it"... You know, the stuff most BUT NOT ALL parents teach their own kids...

Atta: Elise I think you should be a book writer especially on critics because you can prolong your conversation even on petty matters.

Me: LOL Thanks if I wrote a book I hope it would be about something interesting and not my roommates trying to flush the toilet... I'm actually trying to learn the entire history of the world and write it out in chronological order. If I succeed maybe I can publish it... but for Facebook purposes, it turns out people care way more about my roommates than about world history.

No comments: