Monday, March 11, 2013

For greater clarity, if I decided to move to Pakistan on my own, I would not need to convert to Islam, because Pakistan has freedom of religion and there are Lutherans there. I could totally keep on being a Lutheran. In fact, I think Luther and the Prophet (PBUH) would have had much in common theologically, but that's a question for another venue. Back to my point, I'd only need to convert to Islam if I wanted to marry a muslim. And maybe not even then. But with that being said, I don't remember ever suggesting that I was moving to Pakistan, now or later, so whoever came up with that idea, you're having distorted cognitions of type "mind-reading". True story.

Donna: You know Elise you can't spew out things and not expect a reaction...or a suggestion....or a query. You assume that you can go on and on about Pakistan and not have someone question you. No one actually expects you to move there.......but a comment or query in good fun is all it is. Or are you asking everyone to ignore you? Most people enjoy your posts..... don't shoot people down for trying to engage you. Ed. WTF is wrong with you??????

Me: I'm neither "spewing things out" about Pakistan nor "going on and on" about Pakistan. I'm sharing photos of Pakistan. Because they're beautiful. I'm also taking an interest in Pakistani politics because I think Pakistan is very important to the world order and they have a super important election coming up. And because I have Facebook friends there. And because they were one of the first three civilisations and have an amazing history. And because Imran Khan is hot. If I had been yattering over the US "elections" like half of Canada, nobody would have to "question" me about it so why is Pakistan a problem? And obviously I can have a perfectly normal conversation with Asad about it so maybe the problem is how your comments come across to me and not why I'm talking about Pakistan. I frequently find your tone abrasive.


When I was working on leaving Hay River, at first I thought I'd delete everyone on Facebook who even has anything to do with Hay River. Then at the last minute I changed my mind and started adding everyone I know from Hay River so I could keep in touch. Now I remember... I'm a' purge the crap out of them.

No comments: