Thursday, April 11, 2013

Just as I feared: the dog pissed on the bed again. And putting a second mattress pad on top of the blanket did not prevent them getting wet. (The mattress, however, is dry, as is my comforter that I wisely did not put back on after yesterday's wash.) So now I have to solve two problems: 1) how do I prevent the urine from getting into all my bedding, and 2) more importantly, how do I reconcile my dog to the fact that I have to work.

Vicki: Yep sounds like he's mad. My dog started doing this so I made her stay in a cage while we slept and she wasn't allowed on the bed for awhile. She got the message and now she's back on the bed

Me: Yep, she's probably gonna spend a few nights in the cage. But I wish I knew whether she is angry, sad, lonely, or scared because of the roommates. If they're carrying on at night while I'm at work, that would stress her out, and if that's the reason, then putting her in the cage seems rather unkind.

Vicki: But if she is scared about them then a cage in your room would be good because she will feel safe in it. My dogs love their cages they sleep in them even with the doors open

Me: But this is not just any dog! I actually bought the cage with this exact reasoning in mind, that she'd enjoy having a little cave to hide in when she's scared. Not once has she ever gone into the cage when scared, and very rarely of her own free will at all. When she's scared she mostly just wants to harass me.

Vicki: I bet she mad at for being gone, really. I would just make her stay off the bed for awhile, it didn't take Peaches long to understand I wouldn't put up with a wet bed. She's back on our bed.

Me: You're probably right. I wish she had prehensile hands so I could make her wash all the wet bedding herself. That would probably straighten her right out.

Barbara: Try covering the bed with a sheet of heavy ml, slippery plastic (from the hardware store). My dog would hate that, and not go on the bed.

Me: Yes, I was thinking a tarp but the poly would definitely annoy the dog more.

No comments: