Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Me: I deciphered a word in Urdu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing "zebra" is pretty much the same in every language.

Diana: You are reading about zebras in Urdu. You are not so boring are you?

Me: I'm not actually reading about zebras, I just have a picture book with Urdu and English labels. So I figured out "zebra" and then "cow". Writing it myself is gonna be a whole nother can of worms. But I can't make out "elephant" even though I know how to say it. This script makes no sense to me.

Diana: Well hopefully elephants won't come up in conversation next time you are writing a letter to someone in Urdu.

Me: I don't think I can get by on just "cow" and "zebra" though.

Diana: You could in some crowds. Containing certain animals...

Me: Yeah, like if my plane crashes in the Serengeti, and I and a Pakistani are the only two survivors, and we have to stalk the gnus and zebras for survival.

No comments: