Saturday, April 13, 2013

So I was riding along in my automobile (i.e. the bus) and from the corner of my eye I thought I read "desi pizza". Now "pizza" is an Italian dish and "desi", as my Pakistani sources inform me, means "local, indigenous". In Urdu, obviously, not in Italian. Hmmmmm... I'm not understanding these two words together.

So I started googling "desi pizza" and immediately Google said "Henderson Winnipeg". Ok. Enter. Click the link. Yep, "Desi Pizza and Sweets". On the pizza menu: butter chicken, tandoori fish, tandoori chicken, spinach, gobi. O. M. G. Butter chicken and gobi aloo are my two most favourite dishes EVER (except desserts). And now they come on a pizza. Just a short, short bus ride from my house. Also on the curry menu is goat curry. Mmmmmmm... Goat... I'm not finding the "sweets" part of the menu but who needs sweets when you've just had gobi pizza and goat curry? Can't wait to go there.

No comments: