Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Her Majesty's health bulletin.

For three days (Saturday to Monday), HM actually ate her entire calorie requirement, give or take a few. On the other hand her breathing got considerably worse. It made a horrible sound and she wouldn't sneeze or cough to free it. So I suppose the obstruction shifted more towards her airway and away from her throat. On Sunday I figured she probably wouldn't go past this Friday (March 21).

Yesterday, though, it didn't sound too bad. So she actually ate AND breathed fairly well. Well.... "fairly well" is a relative term, in this case. But she ate and she breathed quietly, so that was an improvement.

Today, not so much. When I came home and tried to wake her, she wouldn't get up. I carried her outside, she peed, I carried her back upstairs and she went right back to sleep. I just woke her up and took her out again now, and then gave her some Laughing Cow. She ate only 3 1/2 wedges and hasn't touched any other food today. She hasn't even been drinking, whereas usually she drinks a lot. She's breathing quietly and that's about the best that can be said for her right now.

So... Friday? Monday? Or... not?

No comments: