Friday, January 10, 2014

So I was riding on the bus yesterday, going to work as usual... and on Thursdays my regular driver is off so we have another driver whose appearance suggests he grew up somewhere much, much warmer than Winnipeg. And he always struggles in slick conditions. So we're rolling along, and I'm reading the Economist, and then I got this sick drifting feeling and I thought I was getting a migraine, and I looked up, and actually the bus was drifting around a corner. Seriously, 40-seater bus drifting around a corner. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuugh!!!!! You crazy bastard, you'll kill us all!!!!!

Ok. So I wait till we get to my stop and once he's brought the machine to a complete stop I asked him if he'd mind if I made a comment about the drifting, and he said go ahead so I suggested he might make smoother transitions instead of bullying the machine so much. And he says to me

.

.

.

"Yeah, it always does that."

What????????? The bus ALWAYS drifts around corners? What is this, a Mustang? A bus shouldn't EVER skid, let alone "always". Lay off the gas and let the poor thing do its work, you psycho!

No comments: