Wednesday, August 7, 2013

You know what I hate the most about people trying to impress me? When they try to impress me by doing something that *I* do better than average and they clearly don't.

Consider the following. My roommate knows I sing. He likes to sing too, as in sing along to lame-ass country songs in a horrid off-key squeaking falsetto. So today he decided to teach me about "opera", specifically "Pavarazzi". By which he meant Pavarotti. He managed to find "Pavarazzi" on YouTube by looking for "the three tenors" (the? that's always annoyed me). Of course it was Nessun Dorma, because Pavarotti was such a one-trick pony. And I've always hated the sound of Pavarotti's voice anyway, but at least he had technique. My roommate doesn't, but he decided to sing along anyway. Worst. Sound. Ever.

Having ruptured my eardrums with his hideous squawking of the last line, he kept on repeating it while looking for Andrea Bocelli (again, he can't remember the actual name). And he's singing "vincenzo, vincenzo" so I got fed up and said "it's VINCERO. Vincero, vincero, vincero! Meaning I will triumph." And so the idiot says... "I'm Italian. I know that dialect you're talking. It means did you win, like if you say to someone vincero it means did you win."

Fucking sigh... It's one thing to be mentally delayed, and it's another thing to be fucking incapable of learning. I just can't stand the buffoon anymore.

So I left for work about 45 minutes early to escape the cacophony and now I feel bad that I left my dog so early. >:(

No comments: