Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I went for a stroll / photohunt around part of the Exchange District, as I had been intending for a long time. And as I was strolling along, I came upon a theater. "Blimey!" says I. "A theater! Sure it's an eternity since I went to a theater." So I hie me inside to obtain a season's program. But as I read the blurbs for the productions, each sounded more idiotic than the last. Finally I find Jane Eyre. "Great," I says. "I'll see that." Then I read the blurb and it says that "Jane embraces love on her own terms and finds her own unique voice." Er... What in the world are you talking????? I've read Jane Eyre three times or more and I can assure you that never happened. I don't think Charlotte Bronte would even have any idea what this sentence means (I'm not sure I do either).

Sigh. I guess that leaves The Seagull. I don't trust it, but given my age and heritage it's hard to make excuses for not having seen it yet.

No comments: