Thursday, June 20, 2013

I thought the best part of leaving Hay River would be that no one would be able to ask for favours anymore. But aside from the fact that people have phoned me FROM HAY RIVER to ask for favours, Winnipeg seems to be getting just as bad already. Help me move. Lend me your toaster. Lend me money. Give me money. Drive me to work. Lend me your car keys. Weed my yard. Landscape my yard. WTF????? Do I LOOK like someone who does favours? Because I didn't come here to do favours. I came here to sing, dance, read books, and not do anybody any favours. I've even stopped wearing my cross so I wouldn't look like a Christian. But I must still look like someone who does favours because people keep asking me. Maybe I'll start wearing a burqa so nobody can see what I look like and figure I look like someone who does favours. Good grief.

And for greater clarity, if I'm doing you a favour, I'm doing it when I have time, not when you want it done. Cause I have my own shit to do which is way more important than yours.

No comments: