Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ross, assistant store manager: This week you need to work with Dave and learn his job, because he's going on vacation next week and you'll be covering for him.

Me: Ok.

Ross: Also work on the off-shelves.

Me: Ok. But it would really help if I could finish my reach-truck certification, because I need tons of skids brought down and the guys don't have time for that.

Ross, to Dean (lift truck trainer who's been making excuses not to train me for weeks): Your task this week is to have Elise certified on reach truck by the end of the week.

Dean: Ok.

Ross: I guess you'll be doing lots of learning this week, missy.

Me: Ok.

Me, later, talking to Herb ("nobody really knows what you do-guy"): So I have four shifts to get certified on reach truck AND learn Dave's job.

Herb: Yeah, and after that you have to learn MY job.

Me: *I* have to learn your job? Why do *I* have to learn your job? Get John to learn something.

Herb, darkly: Please. We can't even get him to learn to count. (Both laugh.)


A job where learning is valued. I've come to the right place at last.

No comments: