Friday, July 19, 2013

Supervisor 1, at toolbox meeting: You're doing plumbing. And here is a list of negatives (his supervisor) wants you to look at.

I go count negatives.

My supervisors' supervisor: At midnight, go find Supervisor 2 and he'll train you and New Guy on the reach truck.

Me: Ok.

Supervisors' supervisor goes off duty. Midnight. I find Supervisor 1 and Supervisor 2 having a conversation.

Supervisor 1: Are you done those counts?

Me: No, I have to meet Supervisor 2 at midnight.

Supervisor 2: Yeah: no. I'm busy.

Me: Well, (his supervisor) said to see you. So I'm seeing you.

Supervisor 2: No.

I go back to doing counts. Later.

Supervisor 1: Are you almost done?

Me: No.

Supervisor 1: That's not the list I gave you.

Me: No, it's a Physical Inventory Document of the list you gave me.

Supervisor 1: Are you gonna be done by 12:30?

Me: Probably not.

Supervisor 1: Well you have to start doing freight.

Me: Yeah? Tell (his supervisor). I'm not the one scheduled these counts.

Supervisor 1: Yeah, well, you can have a little bit of time, but you have to do freight.

Me: Yeah? (I walk away.)


So how does this work, neither of you has to do what your supervisor says, but you think I'm gonna do what YOU say? Good luck with that. And way to lead by example. And yes, there is a very good chance I'd have been done the counts by 12:30 if I felt like it... What can I say, shitty leadership demotivates me.

No comments: