Sunday, September 1, 2013

My pastor after the service: Thanks for reading. You did a good job.

Me: Why thank you.

Pastor: Jeremiah is always fun, isn't it? (N.Ed.: little does he know my Jeremiah performance is loosely based on on Viktor in Underworld.)

Me: I wasn't sure whether I was gonna say /'beɪəl/ or /'bɑːl/, because, you know...

Pastor: Well it should probably be (different pronunciation with glottal stop).

Guy who's listening to conversation and invading my personal space: You know who your best friend is? (pointing upward) Him. You should just ask Him and He'll answer you. Not necessarily when you expect it, but in His own time He'll answer you.


Right... Well I may be a devout Lutheran by some standards but I'm just not gonna pray and wait for the answer to the question of /'beɪəl/ versus /'bɑːl/. Actually, I think that would be kinda rude, considering how much YHWH loves Baal.

No comments: