Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th Sunday after Pentecost. I was reading again today due to the dearth of readers in summer. And, admittedly, because I'm popular as a reader. So, today I was reading, from Zechariah, "Rejoice greatly O daughter of Jerusalem", and from Romans, one of Paul's more left-handed flights of convoluted logic. I thought Zechariah would be easy because I can read it the way I would sing it, but Paul is, well, Paul. Frankly while practicing I was tempted to go off into a Holy Handgrenade of Antioch moment. Then I did the readings and... I got compliments on Paul, not on Zechariah. And then my pastor said to me "thank you for being so respectful of the readings and preparing so well!" Um... Right... "Respectful." Exactly the very word to describe my reading of Paul.

No comments: